ISD S.A., Athens is looking for a highly motivated and qualified Electronics Design Engineer with experience in complex electronics design of analog and digital circuits, including schematic capture, PCB layout, rapid prototyping and test to join its R&D section in Athens. This is a long-term full-time position open to candidates that are able to work on-site in a highly competitive and innovative environment alongside major European partners in the sectors of semiconductors, aerospace and defence.
- Design, develop and test of Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) prototypes and custom hardware solutions according to specifications.
- Drive component selection, analysis, schematic capture, prototyping, system bring-up, verification, debugging, documentation and test.
- Constraint driven high-speed, high-frequency and low noise multi-layer PCB design and layout.
- Model and simulate circuit designs for analysis and performance.
- Perform derating analysis and design for reliability when required.
- Perform functional and performance verification of new designs and electrical characterization of mixed-signal circuits using laboratory test equipment, custom instrumentation and test setups.
- Collaboration with multi-discipline engineering teams in terms of software, firmware, mechanical, harnessing, integration and test.
- Bachelor, diploma or MSc/MEng degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
- PCB design experience using any of the industry standard CAD tools (Cadence, Mentor, Altium, KiCad, Eagle).
- 1-3 years of proven experience in developing multi-layer electronics boards for the commercial, telecom or industrial sector is mandatory.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of analog and digital electronics, transmission line and power management circuit concepts.
- Knowledge of analog circuit simulators (LTSpice, PSpice, IBIS modelling).
- Familiarity with standard test and measurement laboratory equipment (oscilloscopes, signal generators, power supplies, signal analyzers, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Fulfilled military obligations for the male candidates.
- Communicative and team spirit character.
- Highly motivated individual, conscious about the delivery of the designs in a timely manner and by respecting the design specifications, standards and rules as applicable.
- Experience in designing and implementing mixed-signal circuit boards from concept through verification using FPGAs, processors, DRAM interfaces (DDR), multi-Gbps interfaces (LVDS, LVPECL, USB, Ethernet etc.), low speed interfaces (I2C, SPI, JTAG), data converters (ADC, DAC), PLL based clocking networks, analog conditioning circuits using op-amps (filters, gain blocks) and power management components (DC-DC converters, linear voltage regulators).
- Knowledge of C/C++ for embedded software development.