ADC24RH is a high resolution, single channel input, radiation hardened, oversampling analog-to-digital converter, suitable for sampling signals ranging from DC to 120 kHz in frequency content. The ADC converts the input voltage into a 24-bit word using an SPI-like serial output interface. The system architecture is based on a 2nd order, discrete-time (switched capacitor), Sigma-Delta modulator, which provides superior noise and linearity performance. The first integrator features the Correlated Double Sampling (CDS) technique to minimize flicker noise and perform auto-zeroing function. The modulator is followed by a decimation filter which reduces the sampling frequency by the selected value of the Over-sampling Ratio (OSR) to the nominal output sampling rate. Sampling rates as high as 240 kSps are supported with the appropriate combination of the master clock frequency and the OSR value. The ADC supports both differential and single-ended operation using separate supplies for the analog and digital parts. The device operates on a single externally provided clock and is available in two versions:
ADC24RH-SA: stand-alone packaged version featuring serial data output.
ADC24RH-EA: IP macro version featuring parallel output for embedding into larger SoCs.
- 24-bit resolution oversampling converter
- Single-bit (inherently linear) ΣΔ modulator with Correlated Double Sampling (CDS)
- Single clock domain architecture
- Selectable Over-Sampling Ratio 64x to 2048x
- Conversion latency < 1.5ms
- Low noise design: SNR > 106 dB
- Maximum power consumption 70 mW
- Correlated double sampling input stage
- Differential or single-ended input range ±3.3V
- ΣΔ modulator can be combined with an external DSP core
- 3-wire synchronous serial output interface
- Selectable over-sampling ratios (OSR) allow sampling rates up to 240 kSps
- Analog input bandwidth from DC to 120 kHz
- Dual 1.8V / 3.3V power supplies with 3.3V LVCMOS I/O
- Embedded or external voltage reference 1.25V
- TID tolerant to 300 krad (Si)
- SEL free tested to LET of 72 MeV-cm2/mg
- SEFI free tested to LET of 62.5 MeV-cm2/mg
- SEU/SET characterized to LET of 62.5 MeV-cm2/mg with heavy-ions
- Ambient operating temperature: -55°C to +125°C
For further information on technical details and availability please contact us here.