DAC24RH is a high-resolution, single channel input, radiation hardened, Digital-to-Analog Converter suitable for converting digital signals ranging from DC to 150 kHz in frequency content. The DAC receives 24-bit input data in a synchronous serial format and converts it into a differential current analog output signal. The converter uses a third-order multi-bit Sigma-Delta modulator which provides superior noise and linearity performance. The embedded interpolator provides variable interpolation ratios allowing input sampling rates as high as 310 kHz. The system operates on an externally provided synchronous clock, and features separate power supplies for the analog and digital parts. The output current matrix features a Return-to-Zero (RTZ) technique to increase system’s linearity by ensuring that each elementary current source is always zeroed on each data sample. The system operates on a single externally provided clock and is available in two versions:
DAC24RH-C: stand-alone packaged version featuring serial data input.
DAC24RH-E: IP macro version featuring parallel data input for embedding into larger SoCs.
- 24-bit resolution
- multi-bit ΣΔ modulator topology
- Single clock domain
- Selectable Over-sampling ratio 32x to 256x
- Differential current steering output range ±6.5mA
- Return-to-Zero output stage operation
- ΣΔ modulator bypass mode
- 3-wire synchronous serial input interface
- Selectable over-sampling ratios (OSR) allow sampling rates up to 310 kSps
- Analog input bandwidth from DC to 150 kHz
- Conversion latency 4ms
- Very low noise: SNR > 110 dB
- Maximum power consumption 80 mW
- Dual 1.8V / 3.3V power supplies with 3.3V LVCMOS I/O
- Embedded or external voltage reference 1.25V
- TID tolerant to 300 krad (Si)
- SEL free tested to LET of 72 MeV-cm2/mg
- SEFI free tested to LET of 62.5 MeV-cm2/mg
- SEU/SET characterized to LET of 62.5 MeV-cm2/mg with heavy-ions
- Ambient operating temperature: -55°C to +125°C
For further information on technical details and availability please contact us here.